Whether you’re shooting a reel with a smartphone, DSLR, or mirrorless camera, having a good tripod is essential for getting smooth, stable footage.
For starters, you want to make sure you get a tripod with a fluid head, which helps you make smooth pans and tilts while shooting. Many tripods also come with quick-release plates, which make it easy to switch between different cameras and lenses. Additionally, look for a tripod that is lightweight, portable, and durable, so that it can be taken on the go without taking up too much space.
The best tripods for making reels come from brands like Manfrotto, Benro, Joby, and Sirui. Each of these brands offers multiple models, with features like adjustable height, rubber feet for stability, and adjustable legs for shooting on uneven surfaces. Some tripods also come with extra features like a hand grip for carrying or a bubble level for easy setup.
No matter what tripod you choose, make sure it’s the right size and weight for your needs. The best tripod for making reels is the one that fits your budget and provides you with the features you need. Happy shooting!
1. Zomei Z818 Lightweight Tripod – This lightweight tripod is perfect for creating smooth and steady reels, offering a max load capacity of 17.6 lbs, adjustable height range of 20.1-78.7 and 360° panning.
2. Joby GorillaPod 5K – This professional tripod is perfect for creating reels with DSLR and mirrorless cameras. It has a max load capacity of 11 lbs, adjustable height range of 8.8-78.7 and 360° panning.
3. Neewer Carbon Fiber Tripod – This lightweight and durable tripod is perfect for vlogging and making reels. It has a max load capacity of 17.6 lbs, adjustable height range of 19.7-78.7 and 360° panning.
4. Manfrotto Compact Action Tripod – This tripod is perfect for creating reels with DSLR and mirrorless cameras. It has a max load capacity of 8.8 lbs, adjustable height range of 5.5-61 and 360° panning.
5. GEEKOTO Carbon Fiber Tripod – This tripod is perfect for creating smooth and steady reels. It has a max load capacity of 17.6 lbs, adjustable height range of 21.7-78.7 and 360° panning.
The Best Tripod for Making Reels | Find the Top Picks Here
The best tripod for making reels depends on your budget, needs, and preferences. Generally speaking, for making reels, you want a tripod that has a smooth and sturdy pan/tilt head, a quick release plate, and adjustable legs. It should also have a good weight capacity and be easy to transport. Some of the top picks for tripods for making reels include:
Manfrotto Compact Advanced Aluminum Tripod with Ball Head: This lightweight yet sturdy tripod is designed to support up to 6.6 pounds and has a flip lock leg system for easy setup. It also features a quick release plate and adjustable legs.
Geared Tripod Head: This high-end tripod head is ideal for making reels as it offers precise control over camera movements. It has a maximum load capacity of 22 pounds, so it can easily handle heavier cameras.
Induro BHL2S Ball Head: This ball head is lightweight and strong and offers smooth panning and tilting motion. It also features a quick release plate and a maximum load capacity of 17.6 pounds.
Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Video Head: This fluid video head is perfect for making reels as it offers precision control over camera movements. It has a quick release plate and a maximum load capacity of 15.4 pounds.
Manfrotto MT190XPRO3 Aluminum Tripod: This tripod is perfect for making reels thanks to its smooth and sturdy pan/tilt head and adjustable legs. It also has a quick release plate and a maximum load capacity of 11 pounds.
How to Make Reels on Instagram: What Equipment You Need
1. Camera: You will need a digital camera, either a DSLR or a mirrorless camera, to create high-quality videos for your Instagram reels.
2. Tripod: A tripod will help you keep your camera steady and capture smooth footage.
3. Microphone: A good quality microphone will help you record clearer audio for your reels.
4. Video Editing Software: You will need a video editing software to edit and add effects to your reels. Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro are two of the most popular options.
5. Lighting: Good lighting is essential for creating great-looking videos. Invest in a simple lighting kit to help you capture better footage.
6. Backgrounds: You can also add interesting backgrounds to your reels. You can create your own backgrounds or use a green screen to digitally create your own.
Top Tripods Used by Influencers: Find the Perfect Tripod for Your Needs
1. Manfrotto tripod: This lightweight and compact tripod is a popular choice among influencers, thanks to its sturdy build and ergonomic design. It offers plenty of stability and can be used for both photo and video shoots.
2. Joby GorillaPod: This flexible tripod is perfect for vloggers and influencers who need to quickly set up and adjust their shots. It features a flexible jointed design that can be used to secure the camera to virtually any surface, making it great for creative angles and shots.
3. Zomei Z818C Carbon Fiber Tripod: This tripod is ideal for those who need a sturdy and lightweight option that can be used for both still and motion photography. It has a center column that can be extended up to 55 inches and offers up to 20 degrees of tilt.
4. Benro Travel Angel Tripod: This tripod is a great choice for travel influencers, as it is lightweight and compact. It also features a height range of 14.2 to 63.8 inches, making it a versatile option for any shooting situation.
5. Neewer Carbon Fiber Tripod: This is another great option for travel influencers, as it is both lightweight and portable. It features a maximum load capacity of 17.6 pounds and can be extended up to 63 inches.
Top Tips for Creating a Professional Instagram Reel
1. Use Professional Footage: High-quality footage is essential for creating professional Instagram Reels. Use footage that is clear, well-lit, and in focus.
2. Create a Story: Create a narrative with your Reel by adding a beginning, middle, and end. This will make it easier to keep your audience engaged and entertained.
3. Add Music: Adding music to your Reel is a great way to set the tone and make it more entertaining. Make sure to use music that is royalty-free and not copyrighted.
4. Use Captions: Captions can help break up the visual content in your Reel and provide your audience with some additional context.
5. Use Transitions: Transitions can help to add visual interest and keep your Reel moving. Experiment with different transitions to find the ones that work best for your content.
6. Edit for Length: When creating your Reel, make sure to keep it to 30 seconds or less. This will help ensure that your audience doesn’t lose interest and that your Reel is viewable in its entirety.
7. Share Your Reel: Once your Reel is complete, it’s time to share it! Share it on your Instagram profile, as well as to other social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
After considering all the factors, it is clear that the best tripod for making reels is the Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminum Tripod with Ball Head. Its lightweight and portable design, along with its sturdy and reliable construction, make it an ideal choice for creating reels. Its smooth movements, adjustable height, and quick release plate make it a great choice for shooting videos and taking photographs. The Manfrotto Compact Action Aluminum Tripod with Ball Head is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient tripod for making reels.